BTEC Level 5 – Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Course Code: B9861 – Length: 2 Years – Venue: CEME Centre – Level: BTEC Level 5 – Awarding Body: Edexcel – Mode: Fulltime – Cost: £4000/year
The programme has been developed for those who are intending to follow a career in mechanical, manufacturing or motor sports engineering and wish to follow an alternative route to that of A Levels and sixth form.
- Analytical Method for Engineers
- Aerodynamic Principles
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Propulsion Systems
- Health, Safety & Risk Assessment in Engineering
- Engineering Science
- Advanced Machine Tools
- Quality Assurance and Management
- Industrial Robot Technology
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Business Management Techniques
- Plant Maintenance and Decomissioning
- Materials Engineering
- Computer-Aided Design and Manufacture
- Applications of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
Students who wish to pursue a career in engineering with interest in mechanical and manufacturing engineering.
You should have successfully completed BTEC level 3 course or have a good GCSEs including maths and physics. Applicant should have genuine interest in engineering especially mechanical / manufacturing engineering.
All units are assessed through practical coursework and assignments. Research, manufacturing process, computer-aided design and robotics will be assess via project work.
Duration & Delivery
Two years, full-time.
Cost & Funding
£4000 per year.
Fees are subject to change every year.
You will attend classes for 3 days per week between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This course include trips, visits and possibly work experience.
After completion of BTEC level 5 students can progress to do BEng degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or into employment if they sort to do so.
For further information, please contact us on 0208 596 5140 or e-mail email@example.com.