BTEC Level 3 – Extended Diploma in Motor Vehicle Engineering
Course Code: B7863 – Length: 2 Years – Venue: CEME Centre – Level: BTEC Level 3 – Awarding Body: Edexcel – Mode: Fulltime – Cost: £3000/year
BTEC National Diploma in Electrical /Electronic Engineering issued by EdExcel. This course is designed to fulfill the requirements of the Electrical Technician Apprenticeship Programme.
- Vehicle System Fault Diagnosis & Rectification
- Engine Principles, Operation, Service & Repair
- Vehicle Project
- Application of Vehicle Science and Mathematics
- Operations of Vehicle Chassis Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Computer Aided Designing
- Secondary Machining
- Vehicle Suspension, Steering & Braking System
- Motorsport Workshop Practices
- Vehicle Engine Management Systems
- Maintenance of Light Vehicle Transmission Systems
- Vehicle Electrical Charging and Starting Systems
- Engineering Materials
- Mechanical Principles
- Welding Technology
- Testing of Vehicle Electronic Ignition Systems
You should have successfully completed BTEC level 2 course or have good GCSEs including mathematics and physics. Applicant should have genuine interest in engineering especially motor vehicle technology.
All units are assessed through practical coursework and assignments. Vehicle electrical and electronic principles, motor sports and light vehicle transmission systems are assess via project work.
Duration & Delivery
Two years, full-time.
Cost & Funding
£3000 per year.
Fees are subject to change every year.
You will attend classes for 3 days per week between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This course include trips, visits and possibly work experience.
After completion of level 3, students can progress to level 4 BTEC diploma in motor vehicle technology or into employment if they sort to do so.
For further information, please contact us on 0208 596 5140 or e-mail email@example.com.